last full day here in the cold north. maybe another time, i will go even farther, up into canada.
i've spent the day wandering around art museums, taking all the time i wanted to read about the artwork, or sit on my ass and watch the videos in the little display areas that loop about various pieces or art. was a decent mix of classic, native and local art. not anything too modern, which i find terrifyingly stupid, or maybe it's me, and i don't have my head far enough up my ass to appreciate or pretend to understand. maybe i just missed that class in college. i do enjoy the artist statements to try and explain why that crap is of importance, or justify it's existence, or price.
still trying to finish off this cold, especially before i get on an airplane tomorrow.
during my tedious hours on the road, i had plenty of time to ponder:
- captain crunch is like broken glass when you have a sore throat
- not one fast food place between home and here had fountain drinks that weren't flat, even those that used to be reliable. at least most had clean 'facilities'
- while most of said dining establishments couldn't serve up meals that were quite right or edible, at least the employees were polite and friendly. just couldn't cook or do a sandwich for crap
- i satisfied my daily wish to just keep driving, instead of going to work. maybe i should be a trucker, but then i'd grow to hate that
- i do miss big trees and forests, rain and snow of my childhood, and glad i got to see it all again this trip
- some people really shouldn't be given driver licenses and/or should study physics when deciding to swerve in front of eighteen wheelers.
- oregon has xmas radio commercials selling guns. thirty bucks off on glocks for him or cute conceal carry purses for her. not to mention the adult edibles and smokables commercials. plenty for those last minute stocking stuffers.
i suppose there were other things, but i was driving and couldn't jot them down. mind like sieve sometimes.